From Salem Wiki
Torchpost mechanics have recently changed, so information on the page is not complete.
- Torchpost damage is thought to have a base damage of Black Bile per shot (which we do not know yet), with modifiers that increase and/or randomize it. The exact mechanics and actual range of damage are still unknown.
- This damage is reduced when within the range of other Torchposts or Blazing Braziers at a rate of 1/N, with N being the number of braziers in range of the brazier firing. For example, if two braziers are in range of each other they will each to 1/2 full damage to any raider within range of one or both of them. However, if they are out of range of each other, they will each do 100% damage to any raider within range of one or both of them, possibly resulting in 200% damage per shot done to the raider.
- The effective range was confirmed by devs to be 200 pixels, which makes a little over 18 tiles (11 pixels per tile).
- You do not need to "light" a torchpost, it will automatically ignite when it detects a crime near it, as long as it has tinder. Crimes of vandalism immediately awaken braziers (and Torchposts).
- Torchposts with more than 50% damage will not fire until they are repaired.
- Light duration, when activated, stays on for exactly 5 minutes after a crime then turns off. Uses far less than 1 piece of tinder.
- Has a capacity of 300 ammo. This means 30 Tinder (= 10 ammo per 1 wood chopping).