From Salem Wiki
Mechanic was established in Patch *Salem V.1.2.1*: Cold Shoulder)
- Each Season brings a global temperature to the world of Salem.
- The Temperature inside a house is always nice and cozy.
- Craftable Thermoscope are used to check the temperature.
- Early Hypothermia barely slows the player.
- The amount the player is slowed increases the more severe the debuff gets.
- Once the player’s body temperature drops approx 7 degrees he will no longer be able to regenerate humors.
- Once a player’s body temperature drops 15 degrees he will begin to stop periodically and shiver/shake to raise his temperature.
- Once a player’s temperature drops 30 degrees he will become frozen until thawed.
- When the season changes to an everbloom a loaded ice block player is thawed out of his ice and his Hypothermia buff is removed.
- New Help window will pop up explaining the effects of hypothermia and how to counter them the first time a character encounters the hypothermia debuff. This will then also be available in the character help screen in Paginae windows.
Thermal Factor at Clothes
- All clothing in Salem has a Thermal factor.
- The higher the Thermal Stat, the more insulation it provides from Hypothermia.
How to warm up
- Wear enough clothes!
- Go into a house till the Hypothermia Debuff is gone!