From Salem Wiki
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Proficiencies article.
These aren't the skills.
The content of this page shows the proficiencies not the skills (as labeled in-game) so something has gone wrong here.07:42, 4 August 2012 (CDT)
- This page does list the skills, the developers have just wrong headings.
- If you look for the Technologies as displayed under the "Skills" heading in the game window, then see the Technologies article.
- If you look for proficiency values then see the proficiencies article.
- I can't help if the developers use wrong headings that cause player confusion of terminology.
⇐⇑ @ 09:09, 4 August 2012 (CDT)
- What makes you think the headings are wrong ingame? As things stand now it's the wiki that's confusing since it doesn't match the thing that the wiki is based on. If you have a link to a dev saying the headers are wrong I would be genuinely interested to see it.
- Player sees heading 'skills' in game, then comes to wiki and clicks the skills link and it doesn't match. Is the wiki trying to help players or just look pretty?
16:03, 4 August 2012 (CDT)
- It might be the late hour, but i think im done debating with you.
- I explained the reasons why i setup things as i did, if you want to quote a dev saying my explanation as stated on wiki is wrong, feel free to do so with verifiable source.
⇐⇑ @ 17:32, 4 August 2012 (CDT)
- It's not personal or anything. You said that the ingame headers are wrong yet I personally don't know of any reason to think that which is why I was asking why you thought they are wrong. The wiki confuses me as a user of it because the wiki names do not match the ingame headers. A quote from a dev or the like would indicate that the wiki is simply ahead of the game in correcting an issue which would be a great thing, but making an assumption that they are wrong and the result being user confusion is not something a tool meant to aide the community should be doing. If the wiki is genuinely here to help the community then the decision to use these headers which are different from ingame headers needs to be based on fact not assumption. Again, don't take it personally, my query is to help reach the best wiki for the community/users. 21:18, 4 August 2012 (CDT)