The gift of a key to one's Homestead Chest or House is one of most solemn trusts that can be bestowed upon a friend. Locksmithing gives you the ability to craft a simple bolt-lock, which can be installed on gates, doors, chests and the like to prevent it from being opened by outsiders, and also allows you to make new copies of keys for kith and kin.
Craft a lock and apply it to a door, gate or a container(Note:Not all containers can use locks) by holding it and right-clicking on the container. Remember to also make a master key and associate it to lock by holding the key and right clicking on the lock before applying the lock to the container. A locked container can only be opened by people who have a corresponding key. Notice that keys are personal. Stolen keys cannot be used to unlock things.
Types of Keys
There are three types of key that can be created by a locksmith.
- Key is the original master key. Copies may be made from it.
- Master Copy of Key is a copy of the Key that acts as a master key and can be used to make additional copies.
- Slave Copy of Key is a copy of the Key that only operates locks, and cannot be used to make copies.
How to use
- In order to use any key, it must be attuned to the character. Keys are automatically attuned to their creator when they are made. To attune a key to a different character, use the key on the character. Keys may only be attuned to one character at a time, so attuning them to another character will make them unusable for you. Key name color: green(attuned to you) to red(not attuned to you).
- Any of the keys may be held on Keyring, the Keyring can be equipped and will not be lost if you are knocked out.
- Right clicking on any key allows you to rename it.