"All that is very well.' answered Candide, but let us cultivate our garden."
What a more humble joy to the well-off pilgrim than a well-kept garden to soothe the mind and relax the muscles. Gardening allows you to plant wild plants acquired through foraging in Gardening pots. The pots need to be prepared with humus and water before anything can be planted in them.
To start Gardening:
- Prepare a Gardening Pot with 1 Humus and 1L of water. Purity of the pot, the humus, and a small random factor, will affect plant purity.
- Once prepared, certain plants can be planted in the Gardening Pot. (see Potable for a plant list)
- After three days (or less with the right skills) the plant can be harvested.
- There is a rare chance that a single Beaming-Proud Sunflower will grow instead of the plant.
More Gardening Infos:
- Harvesting most plants will provide 2 of the plant type that was planted by default.
- Herbs & Sprouts proficiency give you a chance to get more than 2 plants from one pot. (see "Plant Yield")
- Horticulture and Green Thumb will reduce the time for plants to ripen.
- Currently, Wild Garlic, New World Gourd, and the Beaming-Proud Sunflower itself are exceptions to the normal growth.
The number of plants yielded at harvest is a default of 2.
With a Garden Shovel it will be increase to 3.
There is a chance to get more the higher your Herbs & Sprouts is:
- >=100 H&S = +1 Chance
- >=150 H&S = +2 Chance
- >=200 H&S = +3 Chance
- >=250 H&S = +4 Chance
- ...every 50 H&S +1.
You get only a Chance! It means that you also get Gardening Pot yields with +0, +1, +2, +3, even if you have a H&S of 250 with a Chance to get +4.
The Yield can be checked the same way as the purity, by right clicking on a pot and opening the interface.
Players may occasionally find that a Virginia Snail or Caterpillar has eaten one of the vegetables in their pots.
If this happens you will get the snail or caterpillar instead of that vegetable.
In addition to this the bug will have taken on the purity of the vegetable he has eaten.
Pots have their own purity which can be checked by right clicking on them and opening an interface.
Each time the purity of the harvest is greater than the purity of the pot, the pot's purity will increase. It can increase by a maximum of 2% per planting and it cannot decrease.
Stages of a Garden Pot
Pot after you have added Humus to it