The fireplace operates in two modes: open flame and burning ashes. When it is openly burning, you can roast things in the same way you can with a pile of wood or any open flame; when it is burning ashes it can bake up to four uncooked items. The two modes can occur at the same time.
Cooking things over the gentle crackling of a fire lowers a bit of Insanity.
The fireplace window displays two meters.
- The first meter, on the left, displays how much fuel is in the fireplace.
- The second meter (right one) displays the "burn down" time remaining for the ashes.
While the fireplace is burning ashes, you can open the inventory window and then use it like the Meatsmoker to cook straw-wrapped items like the Wortbaked Wartbite. In order to light, the fireplace must be empty of any baked items.
How to Use:
As with a Pile of Wood, you add fuel to it before lighting it.
- To add fuel to the fireplace, left click the fuel in your inventory and right click the stones of the fireplace. Clicking in the center of the fireplace when it's empty will not add the fuel.
- Woodblocks add more fuel value than branches.
- Broken Bough add 70% fuel.
- You can also use Boards to fuel the fire. Different Boards give different Fuel.
Stages of a Fireplace
This shows the fireplace inventory (when you right click it) while 4 Unbaked Wortbaked Wartbites are baking.