The fireplace operates in two modes: open flame and burning ashes. When it is openly burning, you can roast things in the same way you can with a pile of wood or any open flame; when it is burning ashes it can bake up to four uncooked items.
As with a Pile of Wood, you add fuel to it before lighting it.
- To add fuel to the fireplace, left click the fuel in your inventory and right click the stones of the fireplace. Clicking in the center of the fireplace, when empty, will not add the fuel.
- Fuel can be any food item.
- Woodblocks add more fuel value than branches.
In order to light, the fireplace must be empty of any baked items.
The fireplace window displays two meters.
- The first meter, on the left, displays how much fuel is in the fireplace.
- The second meter (right one) displays the "burn down" time remaining for the ashes.
Stages of a Fireplace
A newly built fireplace or one which has burned out and has no fuel. You may open the fireplace by right-clicking it and then place up to 4 unbaked food items to be baked at third stage.
A fireplace with fuel which is actively burning. You may roast foods on it at this point (use it by right-clicking the stone circle) and you can put food items to be baked at the next stage. You may add more fuel to keep the fireplace burning longer.
A fireplace which has burned down into coals. You may open the fireplace by right-clicking it and then place up to 4 unbaked food items to be baked over time. More fuel can be added and the fireplace will start burning again.
This shows the fireplace inventory (when you right click it) while 4 Unbaked Wortbaked Wartbites are baking.