Cannons are the most destructive force in expeditions, they blast through walls and possibly buildings without needing a trial by fire.
- Cannons can be built and pulled around like a little sled.
- Cannon Balls weigh 55kg.
- Loading a cannon takes a small amount of time. Once a cannon is loaded, one cannot pull it anymore.
- You may light the fuse of a cannon with any spark. The cannon will fire in 7.5 Hours and obliterate all walls in its path.
- For every 100 Cloak and Dagger on the player firing the cannon and leaving the waste crime up to 1 hour 'could' come off the fire time. This is akin to all the +%rolls in Salem. This means at 750 Cloak and Dagger a cannon could theoretically fire in 1 minute.
- Standing in front of a cannon ball when it fires will permakill you.
- One does not need a waste claim to have a cannon do damage to the stuff in front of it, HOWEVER, it is a waste crime to light the cannon in the first place so it would need to be off town claim to light. Cannons can fire LONGER than their render distance
- Cannons now fire a cannonball as opposed to tracing a line.
- Loaded and Unlit Cannons may now be 'tilted' left or right prior to lighting for further accuracy.
- Players can't Salvage cannons.
- When a cannon fires on Expedition the sound ripples through the lands and every player playing can hear it.
Defending against a Cannon
Cannons fire after less than 7.5 hours depending on the attackers cloak and dagger, if you notice a lit cannon pointing at your base (If there's a waste scent behind the cannon then it's problably lit!!) you have to do the following things:
- 1. Pclaim the cannon if possible.
- 2. Calculate with Ctrl+L The area the cannon will shoot (Around 40 tiles in front of the cannon)
- 3. Try to build around the cannon shot, or if possible, rebuild another wall after the cannon is shot and before the attackers can enter your base.
- 4. If noone is guarding the cannon and you could pclaim it, you should be able to destroy the cannon easly as it has no soak now, but be aware of the attackers preparing an ambush. Cannons can't be salvaged
Important: Planning is key in expeditions, your towns must be huge in order to defend against cannon shots, build walls every 40 tiles sorrounding your town, even a Split-rail Fence will help to deter cannon shots and it will force the attacker to build a Trial by Fire